Windows 10 20H2 Overview:
Microsoft has just released the latest update for Windows 10 which we have all been waiting for, Windows 10 20H2 ISO. Previously released on the Windows Insider Program, the March 2021 update has finally made its way to the stable version which is available to the public.
Once you have updated your Windows 10 to the newer version, the exact build of the Operating System will change to 19042.572. You may also like Windows 10 All in One ISO.
Microsoft has shifted from a numbering convention in naming their releases to an alphanumeric convention. So the Version no of this release is 20H2 instead of Version 2009.
Microsoft believes that it is more understandable to the general public and not just technical people. 20H2 represents that the build was released in the 2nd half of 2020. You may also like Windows 10 ISO.
Technical Requirements of Window 10 ISO
- Here are the system requirements of Full Windows 10 (Pro + Enterprise).
- Codename: Windows 10 20H2
- Build: 19042.572
- Release date: 20 October, 2020
- Kernel: WinNT 10.0
- Architecture: ARM64, x64, x86
- Languages: Available in 35+ languages
- SKU: Education, Enterprise, Home, Pro (The N, KN, and Chinese editions are also included).
- Price: This update is free for all users who are already using Windows 10.
- The system requirements haven’t changed much. If you are already running Windows 10, you’re good to go. Your system must meet the following minimum requirements:
- The recommended requirements are a lot more than the minimum ones.
|RAM||1GB for 32-bit and 2GB for 64-bit Windows 10|
|CPU||1GHz or faster
Compatible with x86 or x64 instruction set.
Supports PAE, NX and SSE2
Supports CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF and PrefetchW for 64-bit Windows 10
|Screen resolution||800 x 600|
|Graphics||Microsoft DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver|
Minimum system requirements for Windows 10
What’s new in Windows 10 20H2?
As Microsoft releases a feature update and a service pack per year, the Windows 10 v20H2 is a feature update, which is a convention for Microsoft to release in the second half of the year. This version brings a more seasoned look to the User Interface (UI) of the Windows environment, along with some other features introduced for the user’s convenience.
Let’s go through some of the new features that you will get in the upcoming Windows version.
Redesigned Start Menu
The Start Menu is redesigned to catch the user’s eye. It has been made to complement the theme of the computer by removing the solid colors in the background and highlighting the icon itself. The Start Menu in general has been made slightly transparent to look more appealing.
How to install Windows 10 20H2
For those who are already using Windows 10, the update will be pushed through the Windows Update service. You can check for updates manually by performing the steps below:
- Navigate to the following:
Start Menu -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update
- Now click on Check for updates on the right.
- When the scan is complete, click on Download and then Install to begin the installation.